Take our Digital Dozen; a simple 12-item quiz to see if you are suffering from Digital Distraction and you could you could use an aid to your Digital Digestion. Our short quiz may help you see if you may just be bit too digitally connected and that you might connect with your world better by disconnecting some of the time! Help find out if you may need a reminder to Plug Back into Life…
- Do you find yourself spending more and more time online or on your digital devices (computer, laptop, tablet or Smartphone) than you realize.
- Do you find yourself mindlessly passing time on a regular basis by staring at your Smartphone, Tablet, or Computer even when there might be better or more productive things to do? And do you seem to lose track of time when on any of these devices?
- Do you find yourself spending more time with ‘virtual friends’ as opposed to real people nearby?
- Has the amount of time you spend on your digital devices and the Internet been increasing?
- Do you secretly wish you could be a little less wired or connected to your devices such as your Smartphone laptop, tablet Internet, etc.?
- Do you sleep with your Smartphone ON under your pillow or next to your bed regularly?
- Do you find yourself viewing and answering texts, tweets, and emails at all hours of the day and night—even when it means interrupting other things you are doing?
- Do you Text, Email, Tweet or Surf while driving or doing other similar activities that require your focused attention and concentration.
- Do you feel your use of technology actually decreases your productivity at times?
- You find yourself feeling somewhat ill-at-ease or uncomfortable when you accidentally leave your phone or other Internet digital device in the car or at home, you have no service, or is broken?
- You feel reluctant to be without your Smartphone or other digital devices, even for a short time; when you leave the house you ALWAYS have your Smartphone or other digital device with you.
- When you eat meals is your Smartphone always part of the table place setting?
If you answer YES to more than 3 or 4 of the questions than you might benefit from going on a digital diet and making some small but powerful changes in the way you use your Digital Devices and Technology.
Copyright, 2013. Dr. David Greenfield and Attorney David Ryan Polgar